Monday, November 17, 2014

Swan Song

This post signifies the last huzzah I was able to have with my tiny ecosystem. And, as promised, i spent the greater part of my inspection on the bottom of the MicroAquarium where all the soil was settled. I only discovered one new organism in this area. While the populations of the rotifers and cyclidium are still thriving, not many new organisms were growing.
Planarian (Ward, figure 12/13)
The organism I did find, however, Is called a Planarian (Ward, figure 12/13). At first, I didn't realize this was actually a creature to begin with, as with it's positioning it was under a root, but then it moved. The only way I can describe the movement of this cilia-rimmed organism is basically just as a sack of halfway solidified jello. The one pictured was the largest I could find, as the others buried themselves too far in the soil to be able to correctly observe.
Overall, the rest of the Aquarium had grown to the point where it was extremely difficult to see through the plant growth, especially in the lower quadrant of the Aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment